So two months since my last post...sorry. But I guess not much happens here in O-Town. I've only heard one e-mail from internships, and it was a no. But neither event internships have sent me any kind of notification, which really pisses me off. Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now it's almost Christmas. I don't think that's a great way to treat your employees, even if we are just college program kids. We already invested our lives in their company, and they don't have the decency to send an e-mail. But, other than that, I'm just biding my time until I go home.
I only have about two weeks left here, and I think they are going to be the busiest. Christmas and New Year's are notorious for the longest lines and the crankiest people. I'm not very excited about it. But I've been trying to take advantage of the parks while I can, going shopping or eating at Epcot, seeing Christmas lights at the Studios, or just bumming around Magic Kingdom. I will say, the ONLY thing I will miss when I leave is getting into the parks whenever I feel like it. But I think after a few years of being away, the parks will become that much more special again when I return.
Let's see, what else have I been up to...we've tried to get all the turnstile people together for some big group things, which are pretty fun. We did an IHOP night at midnight, and we got a bunch together for dancing at House of Blues the other night. I'm exhausted, but it was worth it.
My parents just came to visit, and that was so much fun. I love being able to share the parks with people who don't work here. We're so used to everything, it's fun to try and find new things to do. We went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party, and I've never been. It was a blast (even though it was freezing and I was still sick). We saw a Christmas show, a Christmas parade, and special Holiday Wishes fireworks. They were all magical. Then we hit up all our favorite rides and parks, and we even fit in a day by the pool at Coronado Springs Resort (which I must admit, was pretty great). The highlight of the trip had to be the food though, go figure. We ate at a bunch of new restaurants including Rose and Crown Pub in the U.K. and Yachtsmen Steakhouse at Yacht Club Resort. Those were two of the best meals I've had at Disney, and I got to use my 50% off holiday cast member coupon, so I could really enjoy the meal knowing my parents didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for them. We also revisited Les Chefs de France for lunch, and it was even better than I remember (the waiter wasn't too bad either, lol).
So all in all, my program is quickly coming to an end, and I don't have much to show for it. But, I must say, Disney is still one of my favorite places in the world. And, even though I didn't get a job, I sure did have one heck of an amazing four month vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment