Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day weekend (lots and lots of labor)

Tomorrow will be my seventh day in a row working. Whew, am I tired. Most days have been six hours, but a couple, like today, have been eight hours. Wednesday and Thursday are my two days off, and I can't wait. I think Wednesday Heather and I are going to try to do something since we never see each other because our schedules are always opposite. I'll probably invite Brian and the girls we met at the pool, and maybe try to get some other park greeters involved. Hollywood Studios is my pick for Wednesday, but we'll see where we end up.

Before work today, Brian and I got sushi in Japan, and it was delicious! They also have another side of the restaurant where they do hibachi, so I really want to go back for that. I think it would be fun with a big group, so hopefully I'll make more friends and we can all go together.

Work is going well. I'm learning the tricks of the trade very quickly, as I'm starting to realize how shitty people can be sometimes. They take advantage of us, and I'm sick of putting up with it. So from now on, no more Miss Nice Heather. If your finger doesn't match your ticket, or your ticket says recently used, you're not getting in unless my manager says so. I'm not a pushover anymore. So there. But yes, all in all, work is good. It's been really hot lately (I know, duh, it's Florida) but I'm under a covering so I haven't been getting burned or too overheated. The other park greeters are really cool. Lots of CPs to meet and lots of really cool old people.

Anyway, I'm super tired, can't wait for my days off, and I'm encouraging all of you to visit Disney World on Labor Day weekend because we were bored out of our minds this weekend while working from the lack of guests. Just some advice.

Goodnight and good luck.

No comments: